Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Entry - 3 Days Till Departure


Hey everybody - back again for another adventure. This time to a place where I can actually speak the language! I visited Central America once before when I went with my family to Costa Rica, but it was mostly about enjoying the beaches and sights -- I didn't get much of a feel for local culture, but I was also young at the time. Now I'm gearing up for a 5 week long trip through the entire isthmus. Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, (and mayyybeee El Salvador). I'm counting on CouchSurfing to save me money on hotel rooms, (they aren't as cheap as in Asia where $2 a night was common!!). If you haven't heard of it, definitely check it out --- www.couchsurfing.com --- very cool.

I've been working nonstop since I got back from India, so I'm using this trip as a way to unwind, detox, and take a hiatus from the mayhem of "real life." Two days after I finished an incredibly difficult spring semester in Beijing, I started the most physically and mentally demanding job of my life - at the Beijing Olympics - working 7 days a week, 18 hours a day, for three months.... and then I got back to New Jersey a week after my university classes had already begun, so I had NO time to transition back to America or to relax after such a crazy year! FINALLY, this is my first time to live for a while without any commitments, and I'm doing it alone. Just me, my backpack, a few pairs of shorts and tshirts, a pile of books, my camera, and a Moleskine notebook! 

I'll be sure to update as much as possible, and as always --- feel free to email me and leave me comments along the way! 

3 days and counting!

~ Max


As always, I'll be posting my pictures at: 
http://picasaweb.google.com/maxwelltwo
(And if you want to check out old ones, visit: http://picasaweb.google.com/mxmrshll)

My email address: mxmrshll@gmail.com
Skype Address: mrshllmx


No comments:

Post a Comment